Patagonia Galvanized Jacket Men
Patagonia designed the Galvanized Jacket to do what most alpine hardshells don’t: stretch. The robust 3-layer, 20-denier H2No® fabric is durably waterproof and breathable -made for use in extreme outdoor environments - and it's been engineered with a spandex stretch-woven fabric (12%) for a more comfortable and natural unrestricted sensation when swinging ice axes across a front-point traverse or reaching up high for that far-away jug. This engineered patterning also eliminates the need for seams across the back and shoulders, making the Galvanized Jacket more comfortable whilst wearing a backpack and allowing for full, unbridged range of motion across the upper body. This jacket will suit any alpinist, mountaineer, or trekker seeking high levels of waterproof-breathability that won't hinder performance across technical sections of rock and ice.
|MATERIAL(S)||H2No® 3-L 20D (88% polyester/12% spandex stretch woven)|
|POCKETS||Two high handwarmer pockets with watertight zippers, one welted exterior left-chest pocket with watertight zipper|
|RECOMMENDED USE||Alpine climbing - shrugs off heavy weather for those exploring the alpine’s boldest terrain|
• No seams across the shoulders and back reduces chances of tearing
• Helmet-compatible Optimal Visibility Hood
• Hood adjusts with single-pull Cohaesive® cord-locks
• Centre-front zipper has wicking, non-chafing interior storm flap at chin
• Cohaesive® cord-lock system in the hem for one-handed cinching
• Cuffs feature minimal hook-and-loop closure
• Polyurethane inner cuffs grip gloves, keeping sleeves in place when swinging tools
• Jersey-knit backer wicks moisture and maintains internal comfort
• Hand-warmer pockets ride above a harness
3-layer H2No® Performance Standard fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof, and breathable built to withstand long term exposure in extreme environments. All products bearing the H2No® label have been vigorously tested for durability in Patagonia's "24 Killer Wash", a process used to simulate years of use and abuse in a short period of time. This process consists of exposing the fabric to severe thrashing in a modified washing machine for a continuous 24-hours. The H2No® Performance Standard for waterproof shell garments is 20,000 MM before, and 10,000 MM after Patagonia's Killer Wash test (per JIS L 1092 B). This fabric features a Durable Water Repellent treatment.