Julbo Explorer 2.0
The Explorer 2.0 is Julbo's flagship model designed for extreme UV protection on high mountain summits and glaciers. To keep up with the demands of modern mountaineering, the Julbo Explorer 2.0 features improved airflow, an updated ergonomic design, and a slimmer, more stylish aesthetic. Key features include a large coverage area to block sunlight from angles, removable side shields to trim down and decrease bulk, and 360° adjustable temples that keep the Explorer 2.0 firmly a place whether under a helmet, over a hat, or directly on the head.
|SUN PROTECTION||[REACTIV High Mountain:] Cat. 2-4; [Spectron 4:] Cat. 3; [REACTIV Performance:] Cat. 2–4|
|VLT (VISIBILITY LIGHT TRANSMISSION)||[REACTIV High Mountain:] 5–20 %; [Spectron 4:] 5 %; [REACTIV Performance:] 7–35 %|
|LENS MATERIAL||[REACTIV High Mountain:] TRIVEX; [Spectron 4:] Polycarbonate; [REACTIV Performance:] TRIVEX|
• Nose Grip : Flexible, shock-absorbing grip insert on the bridge.
• 360° adjustable temples : The ends of the temples can be moved in all directions. Under a helmet, over a hat or on the head, the frames are held in place.
• Front Venting : Natural front venting of air created by the lens shape.
• Grip Tech temples : Exclusive soft material on the temples that doesn't stick to hair, for perfect grip and comfort.
• Panoramic view : Wide lens surface for maximum field of vision.
• Removable side shields : Side protection from sunlight.
• Total Cover : Maximum protection from sunlight in extreme conditions.
REACTIV High Mountain 2–4
Photochromic lenses (cat. 2 to 4 - visible light transmission rate: 5% - 20%), they get darker or lighter to match changing light conditions with NTS (Non-Temperature Sensitive) technology, and polarisation eliminates glare on reflective surfaces. Lenses adapt to changes in exposure and glare. Ideal for extreme visual conditions: desert, sailing, high mountains and skiing. Improved reading of relief and maximum protection thanks to polarisation. Internal anti-fog coating.
Cat. 4 polycarbonate lens (visible light transmission rate: 5%) with an anti-reflective coating: improves visual comfort by eliminating stray reflections. And a flash finish: improves filtration of visible light by applying a mirror effect to the lens. Blocks sunlight and increases the filter effect. Recommended for sports exposed to conditions with strong glare.
REACTIV Performance 2–4
Photochromic lenses with high-speed activation and deactivation (cat. 2 to 4 - visible light transmission rate: 7% - 35%), they get darker or lighter to match changing light conditions and therefore adapt to any time of day. Internal anti-fog coating and external oil-repellent coating (prevents marking, makes cleaning easier and facilitates water runoff). Ideal for mountain sports, hiking, mountaineering, skiing, mountain biking, trail running and climbing.