Mountain Hardwear Men's StretchDown DS Hooded Jacket
The Mountain Hardwear Men's StretchDown DS (Dynamic Stretch) Hooded Jacket is a down jacket that's built with a different kind of quilting pattern to makes it more stretchy and easier to move in. Rather than the traditional grid pattern, the StretchDown DS uses a discontinuous line of quilting (easier to understand from the picture) which enables it to stretch in multiple directions rather than being limited by lines of parallel stitching. And, to increase warmth, the seams are stretch welded rather than sewn to prevent heat loss. All of this combined with Nikwax Hydrophobic Down, a water-resistant down fill, makes the StretchDown DS ideal for use in all weathers and especially by those seeking a down jacket with greater mobility.
|INSULATION||NIKWAX Hydrophobic Down™ 800-fill RDS Cert/Fluorine Free|
• Nikwax Hydrophobic Down™ uses factory applied fluorocarbon free treatment which stops down from absorbing moisture so it maintains insulation
• Warm, light, incredibly stretchy knit fabric is vastly more comfortable than conventional down jackets
• Groundbreaking stretch-welded channel construction traps more warmth than standard stitching
• Active Fit. Trim, close to body fit to maximise warmth retention
• Zippered hand-warmer pockets, zippered left chest pocket, and two easy-access interior drop pocket
• Smart dual-sided hem adjustment
Nikwax® Hydrophobic Down
Nikwax® Hydrophobic Down features the high-insulation, compressibility, and durability of natural goose down combined with the water-resistance of synthetic. Goose down is treated with an environmentally-friendly, PFC-free Durable Water Repellent treatment, meaning it absorbs 90% less water than untreated down, keeping you warm and protected even in wet and extreme conditions.